As the saying goes that “Marriage comes at a cost”, these actresses have paid the cost of their marriage with their careers which was at the top in Nollywood. We are looking at the famous actresses who sacrificed their top-notch careers for marriage.
1. Sandra Achums: was a popular Nollywood actress back then, but she now resides with her husband in Germany. She made her debut in Nollywood with a film titled “Deadly Affair” in 1995. She is now blessed with four children.
10 Nollywood Famous Couples Who Fell In Love On Set
2. Regina Askia: She used to rule the screen in the early 90’s but had to quit and move to the USA with her husband. She has taken up a job as a Nurse at a New York hospital.They are blessed with two children.
3. Georgina Onuoha: she is remembered as the actress who played the leading role in the 2003 Nollywood film “Egg of Life”. She left acting to live with her husband in the USA but is now divorced. The couple share 2 children from the marriage.
4. Rita Nzelu: she took a break from acting for about 10 years start a family in the UK with her husband. She has returned into the acting scene now but it is not like what it used to be for her.
5. Uche Jombo: she got married to Kenny Rodriguez in the US and she had to move to quit acting.
6. Olajuwon Adewunmi: She professionally started acting in the year 2005. She got married and gave birth to her son in 2015, she and her family relocated to the United States.
7. Opeyemi Ayeola: Nollyood actress, Opeyemi Ayeola was the face of most Yoruba movies before she relocated to UK. Ope Ayeola as she was called back then got married to her hubby, Olayiwola Owolonse in 2007
8. Foluke Daramola Salako: In 2005, she got married to her first husband, but that union ended in 2008. In 2013, she gave marriage another shot and got married to her current husband, Kayode Salako.